The Transglobal World Music Chart (TWMC) released today the November 2015 list of top world music recordings. This chart is selected by a panel of international journalists and radio DJs representing various continents. Cypriot band Monsieur Doumani reached the number one position.
1. Monsieur Doumani – Sikoses – Monsieur Doumani
2. Bixiga 70 – III – Glitterbeat Records
3. Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba – Ba Power – Glitterbeat Records
4. Youssou N’Dour et le Super Étoile De Dakar – Fatteliku (Live In Athens 1987) – Real World Records
5. Efrén López – El Fill del Llop – Buda Musique
6. Totó la Momposina – Tambolero – Real World Records
7. Cheikh Lô – Balbalou – Chapter Two Records
8. V.A. – Lost in Mali – Riverboat / World Music Network
9. Amadou Balaké – In Conclusion – Stern’s Music
10. Mariem Hassan & Vadiya Mint el Hanevi – Baila, Sahara, Baila – Nubenegra
11. Ludovico Einaudi – Taranta Project – Ponderosa Music & Art
12. Kardeş Türküler – Kerwanê – Network Medien / Membran / Kalan Müzik
13. Ballaké Sissoko & Vincent Ségal – Musique de Nuit – Nø Førmat! / Six Degrees Records
14. Sam Lee & Friends – The Fade in Time – The Nest Collective
15. Canzoniere Grecanico Salentino – Quaranta – Ponderosa Music & Art
16. BKO Quintet – Bamako Today – Buda Musique
17. Kelly Thoma – 7 Fish – Kelly Thoma
18. Fatoumata Diawara & Roberto Fonseca – At Home – Jazz Village / Harmonia Mundi
19. Lila Downs – Balas y Chocolate – Sony Music
20. Sekou Kouyaté – Sabaru – One World Records
The newly created Transglobal World Music Chart (TWMC) released today, October 1st, 2015 the first list of its history. The Transglobal World Music Chart features the top world music recordings of the month selected by a panel of international journalists and radio DJs representing various continents. Bassekou Kouyaté & Ngoni Ba’s album Ba Power took the number one position.
Members of the TWMC panel: Araceli Tzigane (Spain), Ángel Romero Ruiz (USA), Juan Antonio Vázquez (Spain), Seth Jordan (Australia), Tony Hillier (Australia), Charlie Crooijmans (The Netherlands), Patrik Lindgren (Sweden), Nigel Wood (Ireland), Dore Stein (USA), Roger Holdsworth (Australia), Radio Mixticius (Colombia), Madan Rao (India), Gil Medovoy (USA), Chris Heim (USA), Ciro de Rosa (Italy), Scott Stevens (USA), Hendrick T.S. Foh (Malaysia), Cliff Furnald (USA), Jaïr Tchong (The Netherlands), Rob Weisberg (USA), Toni Polo (France/Spain), Nicolás Falcoff (Argentina), Masakazu Kitanaka (Japan), Jordi Demésenllà (Spain), Rafael Mieses (Dominican Republic), Luís Rei (Portugal), Jean Trouillet (Germany), Evangeline Kim (USA), Willi Klopottek (Luxembourg/Germany), Betto Arcos (Mexico/USA), Thorsten Bednarz (Germany), Alejandro López (Spain), Jon Kertzer (USA) , Ken Stowar (Canada), Jirí Moravcík (Czech Republic).
The Transglobal World Music Chart (TWMC), a new world music” best of the month” listing, will reveal its first chart in October 2015.
The Transglobal World Music Chart is a network of international world music writers and radio DJs who specialize in various forms of world music: traditional and contemporary folk music, world beat, global fusion, global electronica and any other form of music rooted in tradition.
The new chart has a global vision, including representatives from various continents, seeking to expose the sounds of the planet based on merit and talent rather than popularity.
Starting in October, the TWMC will release a monthly chart. There will also be a “best of the year” chart at the end of each year. The TWMC is projected to include productions recorded in any country, including self-releases and small indie label recordings.