Kaya Project – Desert Phase Remixes (Interchill Records ichill cd 041, 2010)
Desert Phase Remixes is a reworking of the music from the album Desert Phase by British duo Kaya Project (Seb Taylor and Natasha Chamberlain). Interchill put together a crew of remixers from throughout the globe to reinterpret the original music. The result is a great collection of global electronica (also known as globetronic) that encompasses various electronic subgenres, including dub, techno, drum’n’bass and chill out.
The remixers featured are Opiuo, Oblique Industries and Interpulse from the Pacific region (New Zealand and Australia); American producers Bluetech, EarthRise SoundSystem and Liquid Stranger; and UK based premixers Tripswitch, Gaudi, Eat Static, 100th. Monkey and Seb Taylor’s three aliases Hibernation, Chaos By Design and Biotone.
Desert Phase Remixes is a captivating melting pot of cutting edge electronica styles with the traditional musics of the globe.
01. When Only Sand Remains (Tripswitch Remix)
02. Ummah Oum (100th Monkey Remix)
03. Desert Phase (Hibernation Remix)
04. 23 Towers (Eat Static Remix)
05. Dust Devil (Liquid Stranger’s Cortex Vortex Remix)
06. 23 Towers (Biotone Remix)
07. Desert Child (Oblique Industries Remix)
08. Sundown (EarthRise SoundSystem Remix)
09. Calico Stomp (Gaudi Remix) <<–MP3 TO POST 10. Eye Of The Storm (Chaos By Design Remix) 11. Dobro (Opiou Bro-Cuzz Remix) 12. Vijaya (Bluetech Remix) 13. 23 Towers (Interpulse Remix) Buy the album:
- In North America: Kaya Project – Desert Phase Remixes
- In Europe: Kaya Project – Desert Phase Remixes
Author: Angel Romero
Angel Romero y Ruiz has been writing about world music and progressive music for many years. He founded the websites worldmusiccentral.org and musicasdelmundo.com. Angel produced several specials for Metropolis (TVE) and co-produced “Musica NA”, a music show for Televisión Española (TVE) in Spain that featured an eclectic mix of world music, fusion, electronica, new age and contemporary classical music. Angel also produced and remastered world music and electronic music albums, compilations and boxed sets for Alula Records, Ellipsis Arts, Music of the World, Lektronic Soundscapes, and Mindchild Records. Angel is currently based in Durham, North Carolina.