Reuniting on stage after 15 years are Kaweh and Seattle based singer-songwriter Holly Phillips. The two started their first group in 1993. Within months they received rave reviews and opened up for major artists such as Robby Krieger of “The Doors”. Holly was recently featured on the Barack Obama documentary, “The Man and his Journey”. She has shared the stage and recorded with such artists as, Babatunde Olatunji, Mickey Hart, Matt Cameron, Scott Mercado and Patrinell Wright. Kaweh and his ensemble recently returned from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico where they performed at a Colin Cowie (Event Planer to the Stars) event with Julio Iglesias. Kaweh and Holly Phillips are back together for one night of Rockin’ the house at The Triple Door in Seattle.
Ethnically diverse group Kaweh attracts a multicultural audience. Primarily Spanish guitar based, the group fuses Flamenco Rumba with Latin, Brazilian, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern rhythms and melodies.
Kaweh independently released 5 albums and sold thousands of copies world wide. Their 2009 West Coast tour is a cultural, musical travelogue taking the group from Southern California to Seattle, Washington.
2009 West Coast Tour Dates
- Saturday April 25 Don Quixote – Felton, California
- Wednesday May 6 Monterey Live – Monterey, California
- Friday May 29 Memorial Auditorium Little Theater – Sacramento, California
- Saturday June 13 Kite & Cultural Festival – Mountain House, California
- Saturday June 27 Little Fox Theatre – Redwood City, California
- Thursday July 16 The Triple Door – Seattle, Washington, with Holly Phillips, singer of “I am an American” from the Barack Obama documentary
Saturday August 15 Kuumbwa Jazz Center – Santa Cruz, California
- Friday September 18 San Jose Women’s Club Theater – San Jose, California