International Soundclash (Strut, 2012)
The Sofrito crew of DJs Hugo Mendez and Frankie Francis is back with another hot dance compilation just in time for the summer of 2012. Sofrito seeks out songs from various parts of the globe with irresistible dance beats. This time, their selection, titled International Soundclash, features songs from Africa (Congo, Kenya and Cameroon), the Caribbean (Trinidad, Guadeloupe and Dominica), South America (Caribbean and Pacific Coast Colombia) and other parts of the world.
International Soundclash blends older material with new and exclusive tracks. Exclusives comprise Grupo Canalon’s “La Zorra y El Perol”, a previously unreleased track by UK/Kenyan sensations Owiny Sigoma Band, and a Tropical Treats edit of Haiti’s Les Difficiles de Petion-Ville.
International Soundclash is another red-hot world music compilation of rootsy global dance grooves by London-based Sofrito
1. Lord Shorty & Vibrations International – Vibrations Groove
2. La Pesada – Cumbia y Tambo (En La Lluvia)
3. Midnight Groovers – O Ti Yo
4. Les Difficiles de Pétion-Ville – Fe’m Confiance (Tropical Treats Edit)
5. Owiny Sigoma Band – Nabed Nade Ei Piny Ka F
6. Mas Ka Klé – Lésé yo Palé
7. Kiland et L’Orchestre Mabatalaï – Pour Chercher le Magot
8. Bell’a Njoh – Ebolo
9. Concept Neuf – The Path (Sofrito Edit)
10. Grupo Canalon – La Zorra y El Perol
11. Les Vikings – Ambiance (Guhe Huiamo)
12. Sartana et Son Groupe Mistral – Information Par Le Mistral
13. Luis Kalaff y Sus Alegres Dominicanos – Agarralo Que Eso Es Tuyo
14. Afro Festival led by Fantastic Tchico Tchicaya – El Manicero
15. Melodica Teens Band – Mwekuru Muthao
Author: Angel Romero
Angel Romero y Ruiz has been writing about world music and progressive music for many years. He founded the websites worldmusiccentral.org and musicasdelmundo.com. Angel produced several specials for Metropolis (TVE) and co-produced “Musica NA”, a music show for Televisión Española (TVE) in Spain that featured an eclectic mix of world music, fusion, electronica, new age and contemporary classical music. Angel also produced and remastered world music and electronic music albums, compilations and boxed sets for Alula Records, Ellipsis Arts, Music of the World, Lektronic Soundscapes, and Mindchild Records. Angel is currently based in Durham, North Carolina.