About World Music Central
Thank you for visiting our Web site. World Music Central is an online magazine dedicated to World Music. We feature the latest international news, CD and concert reviews, articles, and many resources (in the form of a wiki) for music fans, industry professionals and researchers. Our definition of World Music includes traditional and contemporary folk and roots music from the entire globe, as well as cross-cultural fusions and hybrids.
If you would like to become a volunteer contributor, we welcome CD, DVD and concert reviews, in depth articles and general news. We also seek contributors to update and expand our Resources wiki. Please contact angel (at) worldmusiccentral (dot) org for more details.
We also accept press releases at the same email address.
Support World Music Central
If you like our work, please support us by making your amazon.com purchases through our web site.
Angel Romero y Ruiz is the founder of World Music Central. The web site began as World Music Portal.com in 2002. A few years later the portal changed its name to World Music Central.org. The website is based in Durham (North Carolina, USA). Angel also runs a Spanish language world music site called musicas del Mundo.com and a progressive music (progressive rock, electronica and fusion) site called Progressive Rock Central
World Music Central
2524 Cascadilla Street
Durham, NC 27704-4406
- Founder & Senior Editor – Angel Romero, Email: angel [at] worldmusicentral dot org
- Webmaster – Reinholds Zviedris
- Database developers: Stephen Cowles, Jarvis Davis and Reinholds Zviedris
- Editor – Teresa Nelson-Romero, Email: teresa [at] worldmusicentral dot org
- Tom Orr
- TJ Nelson
- Patricia Herlevi
- Les Moncada
- Arthur Shuey
- Ángel Romero
- Jill Turner: news, reviews and articles
- Ms. Lakshmi: Indian music news and reviews
- Susan Budig: Interviews and concert reviews
- Tony Hillier: articles