Born in Buenos Aires (Argentina), Pablo Mainetti is one of the best-known and most respected bandoneon players in the world. He completed his studies of bandoneon, harmony and composition before specializing in chamber and contemporary music.
Throughout the course of his career he has recorded and played with all of the top tango artists in the Rio De La Plata area and has worked under the direction of masters Beba Pugliese, Nestor Marconi, Daniel Binelli, Rodolfo Mederos and Rodolfo Alchurrin.
He has performed in festivals such as the Spanish-American Encounters of Bogota, the Cervantino and Tango festivals of Granada, as well as the Argentina Week and the Universal Exhibition in Lisbon, Portugal. In 1996, Harmonia Mundi released Concerto for Bandoneon, his tribute to Astor Piazzolla.
* Astor Piazzolla Tango – Concerto for Bandoneon, with Orquesta de Cambra (Harmonia Mundi, 1996)
* Gran Hotel Victoria (Epsa Music, 2000)
Compartiendo Tangos, with Orquesta Sinfónica Provincial de Bahía Blanca (1999)
* Tres Rincones (2004)
* Tango Reflections Trío, with Adrián Iaies and Horacio Fumero (2005)
* Complicidad, with César Angeleri (Acqua Records, 2006)
* Borges poeta –Voces–, with Inda Ledesma – Oscar Martínez (2009)
* Partes de la suma (2011)
* Un Puñado De Buenos Tangos, with César Angeleri
* Amaramara, with Cristina Banegas (2016)
Web site: www.pablomainetti.com.ar
Author: Angel Romero
Angel Romero y Ruiz has been writing about world music and progressive music for many years. He founded the websites worldmusiccentral.org and musicasdelmundo.com. Angel produced several specials for Metropolis (TVE) and co-produced “Musica NA”, a music show for Televisión Española (TVE) in Spain that featured an eclectic mix of world music, fusion, electronica, new age and contemporary classical music. Angel also produced and remastered world music and electronic music albums, compilations and boxed sets for Alula Records, Ellipsis Arts, Music of the World, Lektronic Soundscapes, and Mindchild Records. Angel is currently based in Durham, North Carolina.