The Bothy Band evoked universal praise from audiences and critics alike. Siblings Micheal O Domhnaill and Triona Ni Dhomhnaill, percussionist Donal Lunny, master piper Paddy Keenan, flute virtuoso Matt Molloy, and brilliant fiddler Kevin Burke stood at the very summit of Celtic music.
Eventually, the band members went their separate ways in 1979, joining celebrated groups like The Chieftains, Relativity, Nightnoise, Touchstone and Patrick Street.
* The First Album: 1975 (Mulligan Lun 002/Green Linnet 3011, 1975)
* Old Hag You Have Killed Me (Mulligan/ Green Linnet 3005, 1976)
* Out of the Wind, Into the Sun (Polydor 2383456/Green Linnet 3013, 1977)
* After Hours-Live in Paris (Green Linnet 3016, 1979)
* The Best of the Bothy Band (Polydor 3170583/ Green Linnet 3001, 1983)
* BBC Radio One: The Bothy Band Live In Concert (Green Linnet, 1996)
Author: Angel Romero
Angel Romero y Ruiz has been writing about world music music for many years. He founded the websites worldmusiccentral.org and musicasdelmundo.com. Angel produced several TV specials for Metropolis (TVE) and co-produced “Musica NA”, a music show for Televisión Española (TVE) in Spain that featured an eclectic mix of world music, fusion, electronica, new age and contemporary classical music. Angel also produced and remastered world music albums, compilations and boxed sets for Alula Records, Ellipsis Arts, Music of the World.