Tomás San Miguel was born in Vitoria (Spain) in 1953. He is living presently in Madrid, working as a pianist, composer and an accomplished accordionist.
He recorded piano and flute duos with flamenco flutist and saxophonist Jorge Pardo, on the album Life in Cathedrals.
San Miguel has composed numerous soundtracks and themes, including themes for Spanish National Radio (RNE), the movie score for Big City Blues by Clive Fleury with Burt Reynolds and Balthasar Getty (USA, 1997), TV series such as Para Elisa (1992) and Muerte a Destiempo (1990).
He recorded a trilogy of recordings accompanied by the chalaparta, a Basque percussion instrument. The trilogy includes Dan Txa, Lezao and Ten.
* Esta Noche, with Gerardo Núñez (21 Records 1985)
* Vida en catedrales Life in Cathedrals, with Jorge Pardo (Sonifolk, 1991)
* Lezao, Tomas San Miguel + Txalaparta (Spain: Nuevos Medios, 1993 / USA: Narada, 1993)
* De dos en dos, with Jorge Pardo (Nuevos Medios, 1995)
* Q, Soundtrack (Andanzas, 1996)
* Ten, Tomas San Miguel + Txalaparta (Spain: Nuevos Medios / USA: Narada, 1998)
* Nuevos Medios Coleccion – 20 años, best of, (Nuevos Medios, 2002)
* In the flight of life En el vuelo de la vida, double (MusiMagic, 2003)
* Dan Txa (Musimagic, 2005)