Composer, arranger, producer, multi-instrumentalist and singer, Pedro Aznar is one of the most prestigious and respected artists to emerge from South America in recent times.
His far-reaching experience includes being a founding member of Seru Giran, one of the most influential rock (classic rock, progressive rock) groups in Argentina, and his three-time Grammy Award winning work with the internationally acclaimed Pat Metheny Group. He’s also a celebrated pop singer.
The writer of several movie scores, he has also published a book of poetry, Pruebas de Fuego Ordeals by Fire.
Pedro’s virtuoso bass playing and unmistakable vocal style, explores the roots of Argentine and South American music from a broad base, as respectful of old traditions as it is open to new directions.
On his 2006 recording, A Roar of Southern Clouds, Pedro Aznar led the listener on a journey through a rich musical tradition ranging across three continents: the ancestral song of the Andean peoples, the rhythmic legacy of Africa, and the European musical heritage, all seen through a contemporary prism with many facets.
Pedro worked with David Lebón in 2007, releasing an album titled Aznar-Lebón. That same year he was appointed as Musical Director of Estudio Urbano, the first institution to teach all things related to the music industry, with free of charge access to all courses and facilities. He also co-produced with Shakira two songs for the Love in the Time of Cholera soundtrack. The film is based on the novel by the same name by Gabriel García Márquez.
Also in 2007, Aznar performed “Canterurías”, by Chabuca Granda, for “Folklore por los chicos”, a benefit album for Garrahan Pediatric Hospital .
In 2008 Aznar recorded and co-produced with Roger Waters a song for the Alas Foundation, a not-for-profit organization created to improve education, nutrition and health programs for Latin American children. The recording also features Gustavo Cerati and various guest artists.
Aznar won the Gardel Award in 2008 the Sound Engineering category for the Aznar-Lebon album, with Ariel Lavigna and Andrés Mayo.
He formed a new band that same year with Federico Dannemann and Julián Semprini, and played a concert at Alas – The concert for children. The festival, which took place in Buenos Aires and Mexico City simultaneously, was heard live by over 400,000 people, and seen on TV by 200 million. The featured artists were, among others: Shakira, Alejandro Sanz, Gustavo Cerati, Ricky Martin, Calle 13, Fito Páez and Jorge Drexler.
Quebrado, a double album featuring new songs written by Aznar, came out in 2008 with pieces by Pedro and versions of songs by some of his favorite songwriters.
Aznar composed music for the film No mires para abajo (Don’t Look Down), by Eliseo Subiela.
He presented his book Pruebas de Fuego at the 2008 Santiago de Chile Book Fair, mixing poetry reading with songs.
In 2009 he records with Mercedes Sosa (who died later that year), Suna Rocha, Aca Seca, Power 3, Gabo Ferro, Cuban singer Haydée Milanés, Spanish Basque musician Kepa Junkera and Brazilian singer-songwriter Paulinho Moska.
Aznar won three Gardel Awards for his album Quebrado, in the categories Best Male Pop Singer, Production of the Year and Sound Engineering (the latter, with Ariel Lavigna and Andrés Mayo). The album also reached Gold Record status.
Quebrado Vivo, a live double album recorded at Teatro Coliseo, Buenos Aires, was released on CD and DVD.
Aznar published in 2009 his second book of poetry, Dos pasajes a la noche, presenting it at the Buenos Aires International Book Fair and the Santiago de Chile International Book Fair, alternating poetry reading with songs.
* Serú Girán, with Seru Giran (1978)
* La grasa de las capitales, with Seru Giran (1979)
* Bicicleta, with Seru Giran (1980)
* Peperina with Seru Giran (1981)
* Pedro Aznar (1982)
* http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005LNQI?ie=UTF8&tag=musidelmund-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00005LNQI | No llores por mi, Argentina with Seru Giran (1982)
* First circle, with Pat Metheny (1984)
* Contemplación (1985)
* The Falcon and the Snowman, with Pat Metheny (1985)
* Fotos de Tokyo (1986)
* Tango, with Charly Garcia (1986)
* Hombre mirando al sudeste (1987)
* Letter from Home, with Pat Metheny Group (Geffen, 1989)
* Ultimas imágenes del naufragio (1990)
* Tango 4, with Charly Garcia (1991)
* Radio Pinti, with Charly Garcia (Sony Music, 1991)
* Seru Giran ’92 with Seru Giran (1992)
* Seru Giran en vivo, with Seru Giran (1993)
* The Road to You, with Pat Metheny Group (Geffen, 1993)
* David y Goliath (1995)
* No te mueras sin decirme a donde vas (1995)
* Cuerpo y alma (1998)
* Caja de música (2000)
* Yo no quiero volverme tan loco, with Seru Giran (2000)
* Huellas en la luz (2001)
* Parte de volar (2002)
* Cuando la lluvia te bese los pies (2002)
* Pedro Aznar en vivo (2003)
* Mudras – canciones de dos a dos (2003)
* Aznar Canta Brasil (Tabriz DBN 51894, 2005)
* A Roar of Southern Clouds (O Plus music, 2006)
* Quebrado (Tabriz DBN 52013, 2008)
* Celebracion, with Eugenio Toussaint (2008)
* Quebrado Vivo (Tabriz DBN 52100, 2009)
* A solas con el mundo (2010)
* Ahora (2012)
* Puentes Amarillos – Aznar celebra la música de Spinetta (2012)
* Mil noches y un instante (2013)
* Contraluz (2016)
web site: http://www.pedroaznar.com.ar