Award-winning Norwegian artist Tone Hulbækmo was born in 1957 in Tolga in Østerdalen. She’s a vocalist with broad repertoire, ranging European medieval and renaissance music to Norwegian folk modern songs. Hulbækmo bases her vocal style on old traditions Østerdalen that she has modernized given personal twist.
She’s also active as an instrumentalist, composer and arranger. Tone Hulbækmo has given new life into the Norwegian harp tradition, and developed her own style. In the group Kalenda Maya she plays medieval renaissance music from Spain, Italy, France, Germany and Norway.
Tone Hulbækmo has collaborated with folk musicians all corners of globe, leading to exciting musical combinations and tours throughout world. Hulbækmo introduces Østerdalen electronic loops as well as fiery dance rhythms.
* Kåmmå No (1983, reissued in 1999 by Grappa Musikkforlag HCD 7024)
* Medieval and Renaissance Music, with Kalenda Maya (Grappa Musikkforlag PSC 1017, 1985)
* Svevende Jord (Grappa Musikkforlag HCD 7040, 1986)
* Langt Nord i Skogen (Kirkelig Kulturverksted FXCD 78, 1989)
* Norske Middelalderballader (Kirkelig Kulturverksted FXCD 82, 1989)
* Folk Music from Norway (Grappa Musikkforlag HCD 7078, 1993)
* Norsk Folkemusikk 3 (Hedmark) (Grappa Musikkforlag GRCD 4063, 1995)
* Konkylie (Grappa Musikkforlag GRCD 4095, 1995)
* Pilegrimsreiser, with Kalenda Maya (Kirkelig Kulturverksted FXCD 184, 1997)
* Jol, with Hans Fredrik Jacobsen (Via Music VCD 375, 1998)
* Wizard Women of the North, with various artists (Grappa Musikkforlag HCD 7138, 1998)
* Kyrja (Grappa Musikkforlag HCD 7147, 1999)
* Nordic Woman (Grappa Music, 2012)
* Stifinner (Heilo Records, 2016)