The Pine Leaf Boys, a remarkable band from southern Louisiana, play traditional Cajun and Creole music with new, unique arrangements.
The band features some of the finest players in the Cajun music scene. Accordion and fiddle player Wilson Savoy is the son of legends Marc and Ann Savoy, while master fiddler and superb singer Courtney Granger comes from the Balfa family lineage.
Bassist Thomas David was born and raised in Lafayette. He started playing drums professionally at age 8 alongside his father, Ken David, bassist with Jambalaya Cajun Band.
* La Musique (Arhoolie Records, 2006)
* Blues de Musicien (Arhoolie Records, 2007)
* Allons Boire Un Coup (Valcour, 2007)
* Homage Au Passe (Lionsgate Records, 2008)
* Live at 2009 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival (2009)
* Back Home (Valcour Records, 2010)
* Pine Leaf Boys (Valcour Records, 2010)
* Live at Jazzfest 2012 (Munck Mix, 2012)
* Danser (139th Broadway, 2013)
* Live at Jazzfest 2014 (Munck Music, 2014)
* Live at Jazzfest 2016 (Munck Music, 2016)
Web site http://www.pineleafboys.com
Author: Angel Romero
Angel Romero y Ruiz has been writing about world music and progressive music for many years. He founded the websites worldmusiccentral.org and musicasdelmundo.com. Angel produced several specials for Metropolis (TVE) and co-produced “Musica NA”, a music show for Televisión Española (TVE) in Spain that featured an eclectic mix of world music, fusion, electronica, new age and contemporary classical music. Angel also produced and remastered world music and electronic music albums, compilations and boxed sets for Alula Records, Ellipsis Arts, Music of the World, Lektronic Soundscapes, and Mindchild Records. Angel is currently based in Durham, North Carolina.