For the 10th edition in February 2013, Sauti za Busara programmers are planning to feature what they call Best of the Best, including audience favorites of past years.
Centered within the ancient walls of Zanzibar’s Old Fort, the main stage hosts hundreds of musicians and performers from all over Africa. An open air cinema in the adjacent amphitheater screens music films from the African Continent and diaspora. Meanwhile throughout town, Zanzibar host a variety of fringe events, also known as Busara Xtra.
The Line Up so far
- Cheikh Lô (Senegal)
- Mlimani Park Ochestra (Tanzania)
- Nathalie Natiembe (Reunion)
- Culture Musical Club (Zanzibar / Tanzania)
- Mokoomba (Zimbabwe)
- Atongo Zimba (Ghana / UK)
- Owiny Sigoma Band (Kenya / UK)
- Sousou & Maher Cissoko (Senegal / Sweden)
- Super Maya Baikoko (Tanzania)
- Nawal Nawal & Les Femmes De La Lune (Comoros / France)
- Burkina Electric (Burkina Faso / USA)
- Lumumba (Tanzania)
More artists are being confirmed.