For the 10th edition in February 2013, Sauti za Busara programmers are planning to feature what they call Best of the Best, including audience favorites of past years.
Centered within the ancient walls of Zanzibar’s Old Fort, the main stage hosts hundreds of musicians and performers from all over Africa. An open air cinema in the adjacent amphitheater screens music films from the African Continent and diaspora. Meanwhile throughout town, Zanzibar host a variety of fringe events, also known as Busara Xtra.
The Line Up so far
- Cheikh Lô (Senegal)
- Mlimani Park Ochestra (Tanzania)
- Nathalie Natiembe (Reunion)
- Culture Musical Club (Zanzibar / Tanzania)
- Mokoomba (Zimbabwe)
- Atongo Zimba (Ghana / UK)
- Owiny Sigoma Band (Kenya / UK)
- Sousou & Maher Cissoko (Senegal / Sweden)
- Super Maya Baikoko (Tanzania)
- Nawal Nawal & Les Femmes De La Lune (Comoros / France)
- Burkina Electric (Burkina Faso / USA)
- Lumumba (Tanzania)
More artists are being confirmed.
Author: Angel Romero
Angel Romero y Ruiz has been writing about world music and progressive music for many years. He founded the websites worldmusiccentral.org and musicasdelmundo.com. Angel produced several specials for Metropolis (TVE) and co-produced “Musica NA”, a music show for Televisión Española (TVE) in Spain that featured an eclectic mix of world music, fusion, electronica, new age and contemporary classical music. Angel also produced and remastered world music and electronic music albums, compilations and boxed sets for Alula Records, Ellipsis Arts, Music of the World, Lektronic Soundscapes, and Mindchild Records. Angel is currently based in Durham, North Carolina.