The city of Granada in southern Spain will host the 5th edition of Mestizao Festival. The festival focuses on mestizo music, which is a genre that encompasses various musical influences and hybrids. The event will take place Saturday, January 17 at Sala El Tren in Granada. The all night festival begins at 9 am and ends at 7 am the following day.
The artists featured will be:
- Che Sudaka, the new ambassadors of Latin American mestizaje (musical mixture that is produced when various musical styles mix)
- Exclusive show with Ojos de Brujo members: Max Moya (percusión and beatbox), Charly Sarduy (Trumpet) and DJ Panko (vocals and Dj)
- Paulo de Swardt, the latest project of Macaco’s second vocalist
- Kumar, ragga and Latin hip-hop from Cuba
- Kumpania Algazarra, Portugal’s leading Balkan and world-ska
- Maui y los Sirénidos, Granada’s Mestizo Flamenco.
Concert schedule: 21:30 Maui & Los Sirénidos / 23:00 Kumpania Algazarra / 00:45 Che Sudaka / 02:45 Paul de Swardt / 03:20 Kumar / 03:55 Músicos Ojos de Brujo Show
Price: 15€ advance and 18€ at box office
More information at: www.mestizao.com
Author: World Music Central News Department
World music news from the editors at World Music Central