Niger-based Etran Finatawa, a band that includes Tuareg and Woodabe nomads, will return to the United States for September-October tour. Etran Finatawa visited the U.S. earlier this year and returns to North America to its new album, Desert Crossroads.
The band includes six musicians – Tuareg and Wodaabe people now based in Niamey, Niger. Many of the songs on Desert Crossroads reflect their longing to return to their roots – the nomadic lifestyle which relies on cattle, the great expanse of the Sahelian grasslands and never-ending dunes of the Sahara.
Latest schedule (subject to change):
- 9/20 Madison Madison World Music Festival
- 9/21+22 Chicago Chicago World Music Festival
- 9/25 LA Japanese American National Museum
- 10/3+4 Bloomington Lotus Festival
- 10/8 Boston Museum of Fine Arts
Buy the CDs: