The Dub Qawwali project, in which electronic explorer Gaudi blends the incomparable vocals of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan with Reggae and Dub elements was one of the most celebrated world/electronica releases of ’07. Now, that release has been steered into new sonic directions by a fascinating cast of remixers that includes Gaudi himself (who re-shapes"Bethe Bethe Kesse Kesse" into a pulsing rock track that invokes the spirit of Joy Division!), up and coming Dubstep innovator Pinch, label-mates Cheb i Sabbah and Bombay Dub Orchestra and the UK’s Pathaan.This is part of Six Degrees Records¹ digital only releases, which push exclusive remixes and songs that are only one click away. The digital only releases have the same high quality control of Six Degrees CD releases, but allow for instant gratification and convenience.
1. Dil Da Rog Muka Ja Mahi (The Shining Star ReMix, remixed by Cheb i Sabbah)
2. Bethe Bethe Kese Kese (Gaudi’s Dark New Wave Remix)
3. Dil Da Rog Muka Ja Mahi (Pinch Remix)
4. Bethe Bethe Kese Kese (Bombay Dub Orchestra Remix)
5. Bethe Bethe Kese Kese (Pathaan’s Heavenly Remix)
6. Dil Da Rog Muka Ja Mahi (Pinch 4X4 Remix)