The prestigious award Premio Flamenco Hoy was given to the new Suma Flamenca festival held in Madrid, in the category of Best Flamenco Awareness Work. The jury was formed by 37 Flamenco critics from throughout Spain.
- Best Awareness in the Media: Teo Sanchez;
- Best Flamenco Book: Flamenco en Madrid, by José Blas Vega;
- Best DVD, Rito y Geografía del Cante, de J. M. Velásquez Gaztelu (also Best Reissue)
- Best New Dancer: Rocío Molina
- Best Male Dancer: Joaquín Grilo
- Best Female Dancer: Sara Baras
- Best Flamenco Show: Tabula rasa by Israel Galván
- Best Author: Manolo Sanlúcar
- Best Record Producer, Enrique Morente for Mujeres, by Estrella Morente
- Best Instrumental Recording: Cal by Son de la Frontera
- Best Guitar Accompanist: Daniel Mendez for Ropa Vieja
- Best New Guitarist: José Manuel León for Sirimusa
- Best New Flamenco Song Recording: Argentina for Argentina
- Best Solo Guitar Recording: Medea by Manolo Sanlúcar
- Best Flamenco Song Recording: Tierra De Calma by Miguel Poveda.
The awards were handed at the famous Corral de la Pacheca tablao (nightclub). Participants saw a screening of the movie Lola, directed by Miguel Hermoso, as well as images from Estrella Morente‘s new DVD.
Suma Flamenca was born in 2006 to bring together the best performers in song, guitar and dance, showcasing Flamenco from its purest form to its most unorthodox forms.
The nest edition will be held in May 7- May 26, 2007, in Madrid.