Milan, Italy – Difference Music has released Tango? When Electronica meets Tango… It is the follow up to the hugely successful Tango? (Vol.1) release from last year. Electronic meets the national heritage of Argentina.
Tango, the main cultural identity of Argentina is, in the first place, an essentially danceable genre and, as such, it has a beat and a structure that makes it different from any other genre. Like any new music, it was influenced by the social and cultural context of the late nineteenth century, which
accompanied a part of its evolution. Later, those influences were mixed with new sounds and other musical forms, to compete for the tastes of the public.Tango? When electronica meets Tango ... shows how fusions can work out so well between old and new music fashions. The album features most of the finest Argentinean and European related projects, including; Koop, Hi Perspective and
Projections remixes of Astor Piazzolla, Bajofondo Tango Club remixed by Campo, Mr. Tea, TangoNuevo remix, the sampler of a Piazzolla´s interview in the song “The invention of Tango” by Stolen Beat and more.
01. Astor Piazzola- Balada para mi muerte (Projections remix)
02. Bajofondo Tango Club/ Luciano Supervielle feat. Adriana Varela – Perfume
(remixed by Campo)
03. Carlos Libedinsky – Mi Buenos Aires queri…
04. Astor Piazzolla – El Tango feat. Lady Gatica (Hi Perspective remix)
05. Stolen Beat – Evolucionar
06. Mr. Tea. – Argentina mon amour
07. Andres Linetzky & Roberto Massoni – Aquella noche (remix)
08. Maria Eva Albistur – Madrugar
09. San Telmo Lounge – McDougall Tango
10. Astor Piazzolla – Vuelvo al Sur (Koop remix)
11. Mugwort – La rosa turquesa
12. Formula 3000 – Zero
13. Fernando Samalea – Cahiers du cinema (remix)
Author: Angel Romero
Angel Romero y Ruiz has been writing about world music and progressive music for many years. He founded the websites worldmusiccentral.org and musicasdelmundo.com. Angel co-produced “Musica NA”, a music show for Televisión Española (TVE) in Spain that featured an eclectic mix of world music, fusion, electronica, new age and contemporary classical music. Angel also produced and remastered world music and electronic music albums, compilations and boxed sets for Alula Records, Ellipsis Arts, Music of the World, Lektronic Soundscapes, and Mindchild Records. He was also the executive producer of the first Latino feature film made in North Carolina titled “Los sueños de Angélica.”.