Performances will feature Dominican singer and composer Super Uba, accompanied
by Latin guitar virtuoso ‘El Maestro’ Edilio Paredes and Afro-Dominican ritual
singer El Bachatín & his Paleros.
• June 18 & 19 – Festival Latino,
• June 20 – Quisqueya On The Hudson, Highbridge Park, New York, NY*
• June 30 – Lincoln Center Midsummer
Night Swing, New York, NY*
• July 2 – International African Arts
Festival, Brooklyn, NY
• July 30 – Queens Theatre Latino
Cultural Festival, Queens, NY*
• August 28 – HotHouse Performance Center,
• August 29 – Viva! Chicago Latin Music
Festival, Chicago, IL*
• September 1 – La Casita Latin Arts Festival, New York, NY
*Super Uba performs with El Bachatín
Buy Tierra Lejana.
Author: Angel Romero
Angel Romero y Ruiz has been writing about world music and progressive music for many years. He founded the websites worldmusiccentral.org and musicasdelmundo.com. Angel produced several specials for Metropolis (TVE) and co-produced “Musica NA”, a music show for Televisión Española (TVE) in Spain that featured an eclectic mix of world music, fusion, electronica, new age and contemporary classical music. Angel also produced and remastered world music and electronic music albums, compilations and boxed sets for Alula Records, Ellipsis Arts, Music of the World, Lektronic Soundscapes, and Mindchild Records. Angel is currently based in Durham, North Carolina.